Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Some Potentially Exciting News

I just found out today that my employers will be switching health insurance providers and that as of March I will be covered by United Healthcare. This may not seem like a big deal to many BUT this provider has covered the Esteem surgery for some patients in some states! Which means, that there is a possibility that I could have my other ear implanted without having to be $45,000 in debt.

Although this surgery is a huge risk and I have had some hiccups along the way, I would not think twice before having my other ear implanted. Before, cost had been a concern, but if it is possible that insurance would cover this, it would be such a miracle!! Even if my hearing is just as good as it would be with hearing aids, not having to deal with hearing aids on a daily basis is what makes the whole process so incredibly worth it.

I love being able to have conversations with my husband in the dark, with the lights off, in the middle of the night when neither of us can sleep; I love being able to hear and feel safe at night, when I am driving, when I am swimming; I love the thought of being able to jump into a pool or the ocean without worrying that my hearing aid would get ruined; I love being able to hear while I am showering.

I am just beyond excited at this moment and pray that this will all work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment